Get the Most out of Microsoft 365
We’re excited you decided to move to an excellent platform to host your business critical data, including emails, files, team chats, and more! As you get started, we hope that this will help you get situated and get the most out of your tools.
Logging In to Your Account
- Go to https://portal.office.com/ or type in office.com into your internet browser. The login info should have been emailed to you.
- When you login, you may be asked to set up Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). Here are instructions if you need help: Set Up MFA on O365 with Microsoft Authenticator App.
- Installing OneDrive
Moving Local Files to SharePoint/OneDrive
- Moving Files to the Cloud
Setting up Shared Files to Sync
- Setting Up SharePoint Sync
- Syncing Shared Files
Using Microsoft Teams
- Activity & Chat
- Teams and Channels
Once you get the basics down, there are still some amazing more tools to use with Microsoft 365 that we think will help make your life easier! Here’s a summary of the ones we use and really enjoy.
- Power Automate: Automate workflows to make your life easier
- To-Do: Great to-do list that fully integrates with your email
- Planner: Project Management made easy
- Bookings: Make scheduling an appointment with you easy, stop the back and forth
- Forms: Create forms your customers and new hires can fill out to get you the info you need
Open a Microsoft Azure Encrypted Document
About This guide explains how to open an encrypted document protected by Microsoft's Azure Information Protection. To be more precise, this applies to documents protected with Azure Information Protection (AIP) sensitivity labels with access ...
Redirect Emails to Microsoft To-Do as Tasks
About This guide shows you how to create a rule to redirect certain email messages to Microsoft To-Do as tasks. Instructions Microsoft To-Do can be used to manage all miscellaneous tasks and to organize your day. You can add the following flow and ...
Sync Microsoft Teams/ SharePoint Files to Your Computer
About This guide explains how to sync Microsoft Teams/ SharePoint files to your computer. Once you start syncing these files, you can work from the folders on your computer and any files you create or modify will automatically sync to Microsoft's ...
Join an Organization as a Guest User
About This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to join an organization's Microsoft tenant as a guest user. An administrator from the organization will need to invite you by email. Instructions Accept Email Invitation An email should ...
Get to Know Your Computer
About This article will teach you about the parts that make up your computer, what each part is used for. It also covers what to look for when you go to make a new computer purchase. Instructions Software Operating System The Operating System or OS ...